Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Personality Soup

I was inspired to do this after I saw Anna @ Defiant Success complete her own 'Personality Soup'. It involves revealing which film characters have tints of your personality. It is actually quite hard. Here are the quite sloppy results I came up with:




He's not a specific character, but I have been told I look a little bit like Adrien Brody.







I possess the same somewhat naive values about love as Tom Hansen (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) from 500 Days of Summer. In fact, I am yet to find a movie character so similar to myself.







I am a self-confessed cinephile the same way that Rob Gordon (John Cusack) from High Fidelity is an audiophile.






I gathered that Stan Fink (Mark Ruffalo) from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was a cool, down-to-earth, and genuinely nice guy who always tried to do the right thing by everyone. I like to think I am the same.








Yes, I have a little bit too much Larry David for my liking, but his influence on my personality is very evident.







So there you go. Which characters make up your personality? 

9 comments:

  1. You sound like a very awesome person! Especially since you are similar to good old Tom Hansen...

    I don't even know what movie characters I'm like. Okay, the most similar to me is probably Jenny from An Education. I'll probably do a post like this in the near future, so I'll think some more before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cusack in "High Fidelity" suits me.

    I don't see the Larry David in you.

    I'm not sure what characters I embody. I have a lot of Woody Allen in me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this around a few blogs now, and I can't really think of characters that resemble myself. It's quite odd. I mean, there are characters and films I can connect to, but I don't think there are any characters that are actually 'like me'. Maybe Mike from My Own Private Idaho, but then when I think about it, we're not that a like.

    I think I am more like the guys than the girls for some reason when it comes to films, (and probably in real life if I am honest.)

    And Tom Hansen's ideals of love are so innocent, but commendable. A lot of people are big old cynics when it comes to that dreaded L word (myself included, but for good reason I'd like to think.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Stevee - Thanks. I don't know about that. It didn't work out spectacularly for Tom Hansen haha. This is a pretty sloppy collaboration to be honest. I needed a post :-p

    @ Sam - I definitely have Larry. So many everyday peculiarities bug me. I just never say anything. I see the Woody Allen. A bit.

    @ Cherokee - Yeah, I have the same ideals as Tom, which is why I really responded to his character. As for the others, Cusack's character is there because he is a huge music nerd, and i'm a film nerd to the same extent. And I just like Rufallo's characters, and Stan Fink is my favourite. I like to think I'm a little bit like him. It's a difficult little challenge, this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I don't think I would be able to make one about myself. Thumbs up for beating this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. A good mixture, if you ask me, and looking like Adrien Brody isn't such a bad thing. I also now have no choice but to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lesya and Nicholas!

    I had never thought about which characters closely adopt my personality, so I was intrigued. It was certainly interesting. Look forward to checking out yours Nicholas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I did LOL at Larry David though haha. I got to do this at some point too : - )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anna.

    Larry David...what a man. Haha.

    ReplyDelete