Friday, July 8, 2011

Schedule for 2011 Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) Available Online


The 2011 Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) lineup has been announced and can be now found online. It runs between July 21 and August 7. Unfortunately I live in Sydney and can't really afford to make the trip to Melbourne for the period, but there certainly are some exceptional films playing this year.

MIFF is headlined by anticipated films such as: 13 Assasssins, Another Earth, Armadillo, Attenberg, Beginners, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Drive (closing night), Elite Squad: The Enemy Within, The Fairy (opening night), The Forgiveness of Blood, The Future, The Guard, Le Havre, Jane Eyre, The Kid With A Bike, Martha Marcy May Marlene, Melancholia, Nowegian Wood, Once Upon a Time in Anatolia, Polisse, POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, Project Nim, Senna, A Separation, Submarine, Super, Tabloid, Take Shelter, Terri, This is England '86, Tiny Furniture, Tomboy, Toomelah, Troll Hunter, The Turin Horse, Tyrannosaur and Win Win. Many of these are continuing their stint at the Australian festival circuit having also screened at the Sydney Film Festival (SFF) last month.

Also playing at MIFF this year are The Big Sleep, The King of Comedy, La Dolce Vita and The Third Man. The entire lineup can be found listed A-Z by film (here) or you can check out the daily schedule (here).

7 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I really want to see that! 'Drive' too. Most of the ones I listed I have seen already, but there are a bunch that never came to Sydney...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome lineup! I really wanna see Drive, but it's only playing in Wellington on their closing night. And somehow, I don't think I can con the parentals into driving for six hours on a school night just so I can see a movie :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made a rash decision last night and booked flights and tickets to Melancholia, Tiny Furniture, Drive (including the after party) and Another Earth. They are playing Friday 5th to Sunday 7th August. Now I just need to work to afford it. Pretty excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to make an executive decision quicksmart on when I want to go to MIFF and what to see. I live out in the burbs so its not too difficult for me to get to the city. I missed it last year :( Maybe I'll go see Drive on closing night...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thought it was too good of an opp. to pass Melancholia and Drive on back-to-back nights. A lot of the other great films I have already seen here in Sydney. Hey, if you get tickets to Drive (they are $90 for the closing film/party), perhaps we can catch up down there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Errr...$90 dollars...curse me for choosing to become a poor uni student!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know. It's expensive. I'm not studying any more, but this trip may even break my bank...

    ReplyDelete