Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trailer: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Guy Ritchie, 2011)

Warner Bros has released a trailer for Guy Ritchie's newest addition to the Sherlock Holmes franchise, which is scheduled for release at the end of the year. Following the commercial success of the first film, Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law return in the iconic roles of Holmes and Watson. This time they are joined by Noomi Rapace and Jared Harris, who plays Holmes' nemesis Professor Moriarty. The first film was entertaining enough, but you can expect similar antics here. If you're interested, check out the trailer below:


8 comments:

  1. I actually quite enjoyed the first one and I'm looking forward to this sequel. The additions to the cast seem great and it might just be me, but I think RDJ and JL have pretty good chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first one as well, it was such fun! I saw this earlier too, can't wait to see Holmes take on Moriarty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a nap during this trailer.

    Tiresome much?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Robert - Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I did enjoy the first film, and I thought they were great as a pair. I'll check it out, thought I suspect it may have the sequel curse.

    @ Ruth - I agree. But my knowledge of the Holmes stories is way too thin :-(

    @ Sam - It is a rather long trailer, isn't it! I'm interested in seeing it, but yeah, it doesn't look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see Noomi Rapace in this film. But this trailer bloooows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the first film Andy, would you recommend I watch it before seeing the sequel ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Blake - Yeah, it does huh!

    @ Paul - Yeah, I can recommend the first film. It's a lot of fun. But I don't think there will be any plot points that transfer to this film. It seems like a stand-alone story to me.

    ReplyDelete