Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Night Before Oscar: Razzie Nominations and Wishful Thinking

Firstly, a few days back, I posted by Predictions for the 84th Academy Awards. I was browsing through some other blogger's predictions today, and I think they all look very similar because this year has quickly become quite predictable. I made a couple of choices that are looking unlikely (A Separation for Original Screenplay, for example), but that's part of the fun - incorporating an element of optimism into the trends.

Secondly, here is a collage of my 'If Only' selections for some of the major Oscar categories. A couple of these will probably win, but most of them are longshots. Still, if half of these get up, I will have enjoyed the day. In order they are: Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Sup. Actor, Sup. Actress, Original Screenplay, Adapted Screenplay and Animated Film.


Thirdly, the nominations for the 32nd Razzie Awards were announced today. Typically awarded the night before the Academy Awards, this year they will be awarded on April Fool's Day. You can find all of the nominees listed at An Online Universe.

7 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes for Chastain. She should have been nominated for 'The Tree of Life', but she deserves a win anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she should have been nominated for TAKE SHELTER. That's the role that deserves to win. She has a chance, still.

      Delete
  2. The Oscar 'season' is so long anymore it all just becomes so foregone by the point of the actual ceremony. That's why my Oscar picks always double as the ones I actually want to win. (Well, except for The Help. Which I really hope doesn't win Best Picture. Although I think it's the only thing that could actually spring an upset.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, The Help is fourth in terms of chances for me. I can't see Hugo winning though. Hey, if Mara wins (wouldn't that be amazing?) I will be a happy camper.

      Delete
  3. I'm baffled by the Razzies date change. They're a lot funnier and more pointed coming right before the Oscars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. No idea why things have been changed. On the rare occasion there is a Sandra Bullock situation, it is quite funny.

      Delete
  4. ต้องการเว็บชัวร์ การเงินมั่นคง เว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์
    ต้องที่นี่ เล่นง่าย ไม่ต้องโยกเงิน แจกจริง

    ReplyDelete