Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Links (08/10/12)


It has been a while since I put a links together but it has been a busy week at Graffiti With Punctuation. I was very proud of y first contribution to the FIVE STAR FILMS feature: #13 The Conversation. Coming up this week, expect reviews of Lawless, I Wish and The Intouchables.

But, here are some great articles to check out this week:

Steve shares his thoughts on two of the best films of 2011: Senna and Drive.

At Graffiti be sure to check out Blake's interview with Andrew Dominik and Ben Mendelsohn about Killing Them Softly and Cam's list of Top 10 Older/Younger Self Movies.

Sam has welcomed a new writer to the team at An Online Universe. Chris Elena is a good friend of mine and he reviews indie comedy Safety Not Guaranteed. While there check out Sam's newest Best Films Set In... feature.

Alex reviews Looper, and once again I think he gets it spot on. Having said that, he's one of the few people I know who gave V/H/S, much-hated here in Australia, a pass.

This really made me laugh. The folks at Screenjunkies have created an 'Honest Trailer' for Prometheus. Check it out at Anomalous Material.

James makes some very interesting observations about Bergman's The Seventh Seal

Margaret reveals her 20 Favourite Movie Tracks.

Stevee takes a look at Cabin in the Woods and The Evil Dead.

Sam Fragoso interviews Matt Singer, and enjoyed Frankenweenie

Ryan takes a look at The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

Jessica shares her thoughts on The Deep Blue Sea in a fantastic review. 

Finally, Bonjour Tristesse is providing excellent coverage of the Vancouver International Film Festival.

Hope everyone has a great week. You will have noticed a lot less content on the site this month. I hope you will all follow my reviews to Graffiti With Punctuation and bear with me while I try and balance my life, my writing and my paid work (exhausting and abundant at the moment) and find the inspiration to come up with some inventive new content for The Film Emporium.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the link Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the two links, Andy! Hope you're doing well and rockin' and rollin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the link love, particularly so since I know you didn't like the movie as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed these, some great links there!

    Hope work slows down a bit (I know how it feels to be flat out!)

    ReplyDelete